Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Family Update - August 2009

I know, I know I haven't updated this page since July. Hey.... I'm a mom of 4 and I have a full house of dogs, cats and other various 'things'! School started on August 3rd. Hallelujah! It was a busy month getting the supplies the kids needed for school, carting Geoffrey back and forth to football practices and shuffling dogs and cats around daily! Phew, it's tuff being a housewife and anyone that says it's a job for the lazy ones just doesn't know what I go through every day!

Geoffrey made the 8th grade football team and he starts games tomorrow! He plays on the Defensive Line. He's come home with various bruises and cuts that I just don't ask what happened anymore!

Connor is in 4th grade and Evan is in 3rd grade. They started at their new school this year and they couldn't be more happier to see flat-screen t.v.'s and multiple computers in their classrooms! My goodness, it makes me feel very old. I had chalkboards in grammar school! I made some cakes for their classes and I brought them in to celebrate the first week of school! What do you think? Cute huh?!

Katie and I are finally enjoying some peace and quiet. As quiet as it can be I suppose.... all those animals keep us busy!

On August 2, Bailey (our Yorkie) had 3 puppies! Unfortunately, one died in utero as she was giving birth. We have 1 girl (Lyla) and 1 boy (Scooby). It's been an interesting journey and I won't want to do this again!!!
The Boy "Scooby"
The Girl "Lyla"

On August 22nd our church held a Western Night & Square Dancing benifit. I volunteered (as usual) to bring something sweet so I made a square dancing cake! It was donated to raise money for the youth groups. The kids were so excited to go to this! Katie was dancing from the minute she walked in ... all the way back to the car! Here's a few pics of that:



Here's a cute video I shot of Katie dancing at the Western Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment