Friday, July 3, 2009

Weeknight Lasagna Toss

I love easy, minimal ingredient, creamy, yummy pasta dishes! I got this one off of Kraft's website. I made a few changes to suit my family's taste. It uses oven-ready lasagna noodles that I got (Barilla makes them) and it comes together in like 20 minutes! You can easily add other favorite veggies to yours or use your own sauce! Yummo! It is sooooooo easy to make and it tasted like I was slaving over a stove all day!
Here it is:
_______________________________________
Weeknight Lasagna Toss
[adapted from Kraft Food&Family]

1 lb. lean ground beef (or turkey for better nutrition)
2 green peppers, chopped (I used 1 large and it was fine)
8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 2/3 cups water
1/4 cup italian dressing
12 oven-ready lasagna noodles, broken into quarters
1 cup Mozzarella cheese

Brown meat in large saucepan; drain.
Add peppers (and other veggies of your choice), garlic, spaghetti sauce, water and dressing; bring to boil.
Stir in noodles; cover.
Cook on medium-low heat 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stiring occasionally. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve with a homemade salad!!

___________________________

My kids scoffed this up!! I love these kinds of meals!
The holiday weekend is comming up and we've got plans to bring the kids into Atlanta to see some fireworks and have some good old fashioned family fun! I will make sure to post some pictures and/or videos!
I hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating our country's birthday!
XOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment