See -- I warned you I love to cook! Today I'm listing a very juicy yummy chicken recipe. I was searching for a low cost meal this week as our family is trying to surf through the tough economic times and I came across this recipe tucked away in my nightstand drawer.
It uses fresh herbs, lemon and garlic! I mean come on... what's not to love about that! It was so good our family polished off 2 whole chickens. To go along with it I also made the cream sauce to go with it. I hope you give it a try!
__________________________________
Rosemary Lemon Garlic Chicken (adapted from Real Simple Magazine)
1tbs. olive oil
2 tsp. chopped rosemary and 1 4 inch sprig
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
zest from 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 lemon halved
Combine oil, chopped rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper in bowl. Loosen skin on chicken. Spread mixture evenly under skin. Place 1/2 lemon and spring of rosemary (I used thyme and it was fine) inside chicken. Roast chicken as usual to 160 degrees.
Herbed Cream Sauce
1/4 cup dry white wine (I used white cooking wine)
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy cream (you can lighten it up by using half&half)
1/2 cup chopped herbs (parsley, chives, basil, thyme)
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
After roasting chicken remove from pan. Place the pan and drippings over med. heat (I had to cut the drippings in half because there was so much). Simmer until liquid reduces by 1/2. Add wine and broth, cook sitiring and scraping until sauce thickens a bit. (2mins.) Add cream. Stir in herbs, salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over chicken.

No comments:
Post a Comment