Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mom what's for dinner?

This is one question I can count on every day, without fail. Tonight's dinner was super yummy. I recently purchased a crock pot and I've been putting it to good use lately. I was raised with a Mom that loved her crock pot and used it at least 3 nights a week so, I'm not sure why I hadn't gotten one sooner. Anyways, I've discovered that it can save me lots of money and can stretch my deep freezer meats. I spend most of my free time scouring the internet or cookbooks found at my local used bookstore for new recipes that I can experiment with. Therefore, don't be surprised if I post a recipe or two from time to time. I can't help it - it's my duty to make sure the bellies are full and that I've saved money and time! Although I love being in my kitchen I need extra time to spend with the kids (breaking up arguments playing referee)!
I liked this recipe because it had minimal ingredients and I didn't have to fuss over the stove for an hour. It's not spicy at all - very flavorful! Here was tonight's dinner:

Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops
1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup honey barbecue sauce
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
2 tbs. chili sauce
4 bone-in pork loin chops (I used boneless because that's what I had in my freezer, they turned out ok)
In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, BBQ sauce, onion and chili sauce. Pour half into a greased crock pot. Top with the pork chops and remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4 1/2 hrs to 5 1/4 hrs or until meat is tender.


I continue to go through alot of family photos and I think I'm missing a lot of pictures from recent events which upsets me because they happen to be Christmas photos. :o( I'm still searching for them. Wish me luck!

Today's photo was taken at a local animal refuge/non-profit sanctuary that we visit often. Noah's Ark is a really neat place! We go there with this kids often to just feel like we've gotten away from the normal day to day grind. It is free to visit and they don't have vendors.... for example: fatening foods, arcade games, loud water games... it's just a peacful park that you are free to wander and watch. This photo is of a deer names Casey. She is such a love! She lets the public pet her and if you sit real quietly she'll aproach you! We spent a good amount of time this day with her. Never have I been so close to a deer! Here's a snap shot of Casey and Katie:

No comments:

Post a Comment